Re: [STUMP] Sending keypress events to an application

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Sending keypress events to an application
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:37:12 +0000

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 11:54:09PM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> I am looking for examples how to automatically send
> several keypress events to the current application,
> e.g. to the Acrobat Reader.
> (I am asking because I can't get xnee 3.06 working with
> stumpwm.)

Hi Sven,

You may be able to use the 'meta' command for this, eg:

(stumpwm::meta (kbd "C-M-o"))

will send a C-M-o keypress to the current window.  However, this uses
XSendEvent, which is blocked by some applications for security
reasons.  If this doesn't work, you may want to try XTest.  There's a
thread describing its use with stumpwm here:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/stumpwm-devel/2008-08/msg00014.html

Ben