[STUMP] Menu items does not work in OpenOffice

From: Charley Dixon
Subject: [STUMP] Menu items does not work in OpenOffice
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:49:06 -0700

Hi,

when I start OpenOffice 3.2.1 I can not open any menu item: when I
click on "File", "Edit", etc. nothing happens. But higher level menu
items seem to work: for example Alt+F, Down, Down, Right opens a list
of recently opened files. When I close OpenOffice I see on my terminal
a lot of messages like this:

          Major opcode: 17 (X_GetAtomName)
          Resource ID:  0x44566c
          Serial No:    164 (164)
  These errors are reported asynchronously,
  set environment variable SAL_SYNCHRONIZE to 1 to help debugging

(setting SAL_SYNCHRONIZE=1 does not show additional information). When
I switched to twm I had no problems opening menu items, so it seems to
be something related to stumpwm. Does anyone know what is that and how
to fix it?

I use Slackware64 13.1, system's clisp and stumpwm:
  $ git log -1
  commit f6262b0688412629ee512fae07e47a045dd77397
  Author: Shawn Betts <address@hidden>
  Date:   Fri Jul 9 05:36:07 2010 -0700
Please let me know if you need any additional information.

P.S. Ratpoison has a "tmpwm" command to temporary start another window
manager. Does stumpwm have something like that? It could be an
acceptable workaround for now.