Re: [STUMP] crashing on startup

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] crashing on startup
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:39:33 -0800

2010/2/25 Paddy Mullen <address@hidden>:
> I am relatively new to lisp and stumpwm but I have liked it so far.
>
> After getting my setup honed, I hadn't restarted in about a week, yesterday
> I had to restart stumpwm for another reason, I now cannot restart it.
>
> I removed everything from my stumpwm.start
> everything except debugging info from my .stumpwmrc
>

> (in-package :stumpwm)
> (setf *debug-level* 20)
> (redirect-all-output (data-dir-file "debug-output" "txt"))
>

> I get the following error in debug-output.txt
> line 8510:39:55 Outputting a message:
>         ^2*Welcome to The ^BStump^b ^BW^bindow ^BM^banager!
>         Press ^5*C-t ?^2* for help.
> 10:39:55 Window #<XLIB:WINDOW :0 400009> is dock-type. Placing in mode-line.
>
> debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" RUNNING
> {100371F9E1}>:
>   The value 525/2 is not of type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 29).

I find it odd that the debugger is being invoked. It should print a
message saying stumpwm crashed along with the error and a backtrace,
and instructions on how to put the backtrace in your kill ring so you
can paste it into an email.

Do you build an executable and run it from your xinitrc file? Once you
can post a backtrace it should be an easy fix.

-Shawn