Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:33:01 +0000

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 02:09:43PM -0800, Shawn Betts wrote:
> Not quite sure why *load-pathname* is nil at the repl but not when
> building an image. the image is created exactly the same way: require
> stumpwm then dump the image. Are you certain it's not also busted when
> building an image?

Definitely seems so - if I load make-image.lisp from a repl it works,
if I paste the contents of make-image.lisp into a repl it breaks.

Possibly relevant information:

* I'm using debian sbcl, so there may be common-lisp-controller
weirdness going on (but I've also tried with ccl, which doesn't use
it).

* I'm deleting the fasls between tests, so it's rebuilding from
scratch each time (actually I can reproduce it just by touching
version.lisp).

* reload also doesn't work with the fasls deleted / version.lisp
touched.

So what I think is going on here is that loading make-image.lisp is
setting *load-pathname*, but asdf running compile-file is not.

I've just had a scan of the asdf docs and discovered
system-relative-pathname - perhaps we could use that instead?

Ben