Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Use git describe in *version* when building from git
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:41:30 +0100

Julian Stecklina <address@hidden> writes:

> Shawn Betts <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I forgot to check for clisp. This new patch should work for both.
>>
>> Beauty! I've wanted to do this for a long time. Can someone apply this puppy?
>
> Works. Applied. Committed.

I just noticed that this doesn't work with the RELOAD command, because
the current working directory is most likely your $HOME instead of the
stumpwm source directory. The attached patch fixes this problem, but is
a bit ugly. Is there a more beautiful solution?

If someone can confirm that this works for clisp and no nicer patch
comes up, I would nevertheless commit this as is.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge