Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:33:42 +0100

Hi Vitaly,

Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:
> At Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:51:40 +0100, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>
>> >    (define-key *root-map* (kbd "F19") "toggle-keyboard-layout")
>> >    --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>>
>> Still not working. (Very) annoying right now. Have to bind a "normal" key,
>> currently `M-t', but not as easy as the useless Caps_Lock and its visual
>> feedback (LED on when writing in French keyboard layout).
>
> If you use Caps Lock for layout switching, why don't you set it up in X? I
> also use Caps Lock for that purpose, and I have single line in ~/.xsession:
>
> setxkbmap -model "pc105" -layout "us,ru(winkeys)" -option
> "grp:caps_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

I just created that file, with the following contents:

setxkbmap -model "pc105" -layout "fr,gb" -option
"grp:caps_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

After a logout/login from StumpWM, I tried it:

address@hidden ~>qwerty
zsh: command not found: qwerty

address@hidden ~>~QWERT
zsh: no such user or named directory: QWERT

address@hidden ~>~qwerty
zsh: no such user or named directory: qwerty

address@hidden ~>~QWERT
zsh: no such user or named directory: QWERT

As you can see:

- I am, by default, in qwerty keyboard -- while I expect French with the above
  line;

- When pressing Caps Lock, it does insert a tilde sign, and switches to
  capital letters, but not to another keyboard layout...

So, from what I understand, (it's like if) the file `.xession' is not read?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban