Re: [STUMP] Re: Swank not working in stumpwm with sbcl 1.0.31 on Arch li

From: Lionel Flandrin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Swank not working in stumpwm with sbcl 1.0.31 on Arch linux
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:21:03 +0100

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 03:37:52PM +0100, Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:
> At Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:28:32 +0100, Lionel Flandrin wrote:
>
> > > Any clue on how to debug this? I'm running latest stumpwm from git
> > > and sbcl 1.0.31 from the Arch package.
> >
> > Ok, forget about it, the problem was that I forgot to rebuild the
> > stumpwm binary with the new sbcl, so basically it was creating fasl
> > with sbcl 1.0.30 and then slime tried to load them with the newer
> > 1.0.31, and it failed. The error was sent to the console so I missed
> > it.
>
> If you closely follow SBCL development, this should make your life
> easier: http://www.sbcl.org/manual/FASL-Format.html

Indeed, that'll be helpful. I wonder why sbcl's fasl format changes
for each and every subversion. I had hoped it would've stopped after
1.0. I find it a bit annoying, especially for asdf libraries installed
as root that you have to recompile manually each time.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

--
Lionel Flandrin