[STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu (WAS Re: Xmodmap keys)

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu (WAS Re: Xmodmap keys)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:20:11 +0200

Hi all,

Shawn Betts wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Egon Hyszczak<address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sebastian, What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> He's trying to build clisp from source on Ubuntu and use it to build
> stumpwm.

Yes, that's my goal for the moment: compiling an error-free version of StumpWM
on Ubuntu 9.04, with:

    o   CLisp 2.48 (latest tarball), as CLisp seems (much) less memory-hungry
        than SBCL;

    o   new-clx, as mit-clx seems not supported.

I'm not expert at all on WM. That's why I can ask stupid questions, or be
confronted with stupid problems.

However, having already used StumpWM in the past, I love it, and I want it
back...

>> What does it have to do with xmodmap?

Nothing. That's because I had to test some change from Shawn, but had first to
reinstall StumpWM on my new Ubuntu (have reformatted my old laptop, and
installed 9.04 from scratch).

>> I would like to try and help, but I've read through this thread and it's
>> very unclear as to what you're trying to do. Compile StumpWM on Ubuntu?

I hope it's much clearer now.

> I agree, on IRC we could resolve this much faster.

I can imagine. But IRC is forbidden here at work. And at home, things aren't
easy (with little daughter I've to take care of).

It's not a big problem for me if it takes some days for resolving my problems.
Knowing what I'll gain later makes me be patient...

Can we try to go on with this, then, by the means of the news (for now)?

Thanks,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban