Re: [STUMP] OpenOffice 3.0 intercepts keyboard events?

From: Daniel Werner
Subject: Re: [STUMP] OpenOffice 3.0 intercepts keyboard events?
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:16:13 +0200

2009/7/2 Facundo de Guzmán <address@hidden>:
> Yep, I had the same issues.  In the case of OO you need to go "Customize"
> and delete the shortcut that correspond to your Stumpwm control key (and
> restart OO).

I personally never had this issue with OpenOffice, even though my
StumpWM control key is expressly set to C-o, which is "Open File" in
OO. StumpWM always correctly captures this keypress, so I have to
press C-o o in order to send the "Ctrl-O" keypress to OpenOffice.

On a related note, sometimes when my control key combination would
stop working, it was sufficient to make the currently active
application map a new window (e.g. by clicking on Help > About in GTK+
apps) to get it working again.

> In the case of Rdesktop you have to launch the app with the
> option '-K' so Stump can retain control over the key combinations that you
> input inside the remote session.

Cool, thanks for sharing this. 'Till now I used -g 1024x750 to keep
the 18px modeline visible and placed the cursor there whenever I
wanted to invoke a StumpWM key combo.

Kind regards
--
Daniel