Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys

From: Daniel Werner
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Xmodmap keys
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:23:12 +0200

Hello Sébastien,

I used to have a similar issue on my workstation. All of a sudden, the
Ctrl, Alt and some other modifier keys would stop working. I can't
blame it on Stumpwm though since the same happened under Metacity.

A workaround (rather: an ugly hack) that worked for me was to start a
subshell from ~/.Xsession that would stay in the background and reset
the keymap every 2 minutes:

(while true; do sleep 120; setxkbmap dvorak && xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc) &

>> I am using VirtualBox quite often
> I had this issue in the past but it was not caused by Stumpwm but by Vmware
> Workstation.

That's interesting. I used to run VMware Server on the workstation
where I experienced this issue. Seems we have our scapegoat :-)

Un atento saludo
--
Daniel