Re: [STUMP] disable sizehints

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] disable sizehints
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:03:20 -0700

> When a frame is resized the gap grows larger/smaller, and then suddenly
> jumps to the next size hint.

This is due to the nature of numbers.

> If you resize the frame by holding down the left/right/up/down key this
> creates an annoying flickering.

Yes, there are a number of problems with the interactive resize mode
that need to be addressed. I've found it lags behind when you hold a
key down, as well.

Just so we're on the same page, what have got for
*window-border-style*? When you say "gap" what are you refering to? By
default stumpwm has no gaps, in the traditional sense of the word,
meaning you cannot see the background between windows. It adjusts the
border to take up the space the window isn't taking up.

-Shawn