Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 02:53:44 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> John Li <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I haven't read the entire thread carefully, but does Stumpwm actually
>> print the "~"? It might be that your Lisp doesn't know how to expand
>> that, so perhaps try the full literal path?
>
> My path is literal.

If I understand correctly, your PATH environment variable is set
properly to include the directory with your own executables but stumpw
fails to tab complete them?

Can you tell me what lisp you built stumpwm with and what version you're using?

Also can you post the output of C-t : (getenv "PATH"). Use
copy-last-message to copy it into the clipboard.

Next can you do an ls -l on the dir with your executables in it.

And finally, can you give an example of an executable that stumpwm
won't tab complete?

If you've already figured it out, I'd be curious to hear what the
problem was.

-Shawn