Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:28:12 +0200

Michael Raskin <address@hidden> writes:

>>  - You use READ without *READ-EVAL* bound to NIL. READ is generally a
>>    bad idea for everything that is not a quick hack IMHO.
>
> Oh. You guessed. It was actually a result of cleaning up a big quick
> hack.. OK. Fixed. I now use strings.

;)

>>  - Interned symbols are never garbage collected (unless
>
> Or StumpWM crashes. For me it crashes much quicker than runs out of
> memory, so I didn't pay attention. Thanks.

It does? I have actually no major problems with StumpWM at the
moment. There are a lot of patches accumulating on the mailing list,
though. I am planning to incorporate some of these patches in my
personal stumpwm branch on Github. But this will still have to wait at
least two weeks.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge