Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?

From: Lionel Flandrin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:02:08 +0100

Woops, forgot to add the list in Cc in my last email. Shame on me.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 06:08:26PM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Joeli Hokkanen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Try this in your ~/.stumpwmrc:
> > (setq *shell-program* (stumpwm::getenv "SHELL"))
>
> Thanks.  It doesn't do anything.
>
> I'm launching stumpwm by ~/.xinitrc which just contains this line:
>
>   exec /home/guerry/install/git/stumpwm/stumpwm
>
> Any other idea?

I've noticed that *sometimes* certain executables are not taken in
account in completion when others in the same directory are. For
instance, I couldn't complete "openoffice" on my last box. It seems
related to the awful common lisp directory handling. I don't know if
it's related.

If it's not, you might want to try something like:

 (in-package :stumpwm)

 (setf (getenv "PATH") (concatenate 'string (getenv "PATH") ":/your/bin"))

 (rehash)

in your stumpwmrc.

Please also note that executing "(rehash)" in the slime REPL will dump
a huge structure containing the state of the PATH-CACHE, that is the
programs and dirs hashed.

I hope that helps.

--
Lionel Flandrin