Re: [STUMP] asdf.lisp version

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [STUMP] asdf.lisp version
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:09:04 -0600

Shawn <address@hidden> writes:
> I've updated the version.

I can no longer compile stumpwm with clisp (version 2.42 on Ubuntu).
(Up until my most recent `git pull', it compiled fine. )  Comparing this
with the problem that Ivy had before the fix, I guess there is some
conflict with an older asdf.  I have cl-asdf 1.109 installed on my
system, since it is a requirement for clisp on Ubuntu, and I guess it
gets loaded automatically.  If I replace the current asdf.lisp in
stumpwm with asdf.lisp that comes on my system, then stumpwm compiles
(with warnings), so I guess that's the problem.  If I replace "(load
"asdf.lisp")" with "(require 'asdf)" in Makefile.in and
make-image.lisp.in, then everything compiles nicely.  Perhaps the
"(load "asdf.lisp")"s could be replaced with something like
" (handler-case (require 'asdf) (error () (load "asdf.lisp")))".

By the way, the README is out of date.  It still discusses CVS and says
that you need to install asdf if it isn't already installed.

Jay