[STUMP] Re: StumpWM Info manual in Debian lenny

From: Shawn
Subject: [STUMP] Re: StumpWM Info manual in Debian lenny
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:01:10 -0700

Luca Capello <address@hidden> writes:

> 4) if the patch for the CLISP-2.46-generated manual is applied *before*
>    any `./autogen.sh && ./configure && make stumpwm.info` step, the
>    so-patch stumpwm.info will be replaced by the built one

If the modification date was later than the stumpwm.texi file,
wouldn't make assume the rule was up to date and all was well?

> So, if you really want to include a correct Info manual, I'd go for
> option 2).  In that case, could you send the Info manual to be included
> to the corresponding Debian bug #492111 [6], please?  Simply sending a
> mail to bug-number at bugs debian org will do the trick.

The good news is there's an html version on the website that I suspect
most people would use.

On a side note, in the bug report you mention that SBCL just puts NIL
in the documentation for almost everything. Is that still happening?
It doesn't happen here, though at one time command documentation was
nil when the defcommand macro was broken. It was fixed in
a6732d722ccc1ee0bbc1b5c6fd3696b557f7e977 on Jul 17. It it possible you
tried to build the manual from of a version before that?

-Shawn