Re: [STUMP] Super keybinding woes...

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Super keybinding woes...
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 17:03:36 +0200

"Shawn Betts" <address@hidden> writes:

>> with stumpwm from two days ago I have the following strange behaviour:
>>
>> (define-key *top-map* (kbd "s-C") "delete")
>>
>> This keybinding does not work, in the sense that stumpwm does not
>> capture the keybinding and it leaks through to, e.g. emacs.
>>

>> (define-key *top-map* (kbd "s-S-c") "delete")
>
> I think I've fixed this in the git repo. Can you verify? Thanks for
> bugging me about this. I've wanted to fix it for a long time.

Your fix breaks

(set-prefix-key (kbd "Menu"))

because in xwin-grab-keys it gets key-shift set to true.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)

(Spam-Experiment: http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~astro/badpit.html )