Re: [STUMP] stumpwm lost focus

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm lost focus
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 19:12:01 -0700

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Trey Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just started playing with stumpwm, would love to use it full time.  However,
> the first time I got it up and running, I entered a state where the C-t
> prefix was no longer caught by stumpwm.  I don't know how this happened, but
> I wasn't able to recover.
>
> I cannot reproduce this behavior, but to my best recollection, I entered the
> state by following the tutorial.
> I created an Emacs window and a shell window.  I split the screen, then
> pulled the shell window up into the
>  top half (where Emacs was).  I think split the top half so I had 3 portions
> - Emacs, shell, and background.
> I then entered a resize mode - where I resized the bottom portion
> (background) with the mouse, and it shrunk
>  to 0 height (making it look as though I only had 2 partitions Emacs &
> shell).

What version of stumpwm are you running? stumpwm should stop resizing
before a frame gets to 0 height. Also, afaik you can't resize stumpwm
frames with the mouse.

> At this point I was unable to get the C-t prefix to interact with stumpwm.
> C-t just transposed characters in my emacs and shell.
>
> Is there a way to recover from this?  (I could download slime and do
> something via that)

Is it possible that stumpwm was no longer running at this point? It
sounds to me like you crashed it with the above steps. I suspect if
stumpwm had been running but was in some way unresponsive, C-t would
have done nothing.

-Shawn