Re: [STUMP] Bug Report: xterm launched from C-t ! seg faults

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Bug Report: xterm launched from C-t ! seg faults
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:46:27 -0500

"Shawn Betts" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Taylor Venable <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Taylor Venable <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > When using C-t ! or C-t c to launch xterm, the program (xterm, that
>     > is) seems to segfault.  Version is 0.93-GIT (last commit was
>     > 3f5837bbb619e323d4fbc33f6d720532199270f8).
>
>     I should note that the operating system is Ubuntu GNU/Linux 7.10
>     running kernel 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP with X.Org 7.0 - furthermore,
>     xterm won't launch *at all* even from Emacs' shell, it just gets a
>     segfault; but it will run from GNOME fine.
>

> Very odd.
>
> Does it segfault when no WM is running or when a different WM is running? Does
> it segfault hwen running ratpoison?

Works as expected for:

  * metacity
  * ratpoison
  * fvwm
  * when it's the only thing X runs

And it had worked yesterday with the StumpWM I had compiled then with
SBCL 1.0.6 - unfortunately that crashed a lot so I fetched the source
again and this time compiled it with CLISP 2.4.4 early this afternoon.
[`male' on #stumpwm suggested that the crashing was probably because
of SBCL threading, and recompiling seems to have fixed that problem]
So I couldn't tell if maybe it was a (very) recent change or maybe it
was an SBCL vs. CLISP thing.  Or something else completely...

I've not had a problem with any other program.  I don't know if it
means anything, but the following terminal programs run fine:

  * aterm
  * Eterm
  * rxvt-unicode
  * xvt

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]