[STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:37:19 +0100

I've found it is sufficient to add a single custom timer to receive the
"Recursive lock attempt" error.  There is nothing special about the
timer I used, it basically did the following:

  (setf *my-current-time*
        (multiple-value-bind (second minute hour day month year dow daylight
zone) (get-decoded-time)
          (declare (ignore daylight zone))
          (format nil "~2,'0D:~2,'0D:~2,'0D  ~A ~D.~D.~D"
                      hour minute second (nth dow *my-dow-mapping*) day month
year)))

So it seems SBCL gets fragile when two timers are used, i.e. the
standard mode line timer + one user timer.  Actually there is also
*message-window-timer* but this one is invoked only infrequently.

When I have some time, I'll try to write a test to reproduce the error
easily and report it to SBCL developers + Debian BTS.

Milan Zamazal

--
http://www.zamazal.org