Re: [STUMP] [patch] move-focus fix

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [patch] move-focus fix
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:17:08 -0700

On 7/21/07, James Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
I really like the move-focus command, but I've noticed that as
currently implemented it makes some frames inaccessible on my machine.
For example, if I split my screen into four equal frames (vertical
split, and then split each of those two frames horizontally; or vice
versa), then I can't get to the bottom-right frame by using
move-focus.  "move-focus down" from the top-right frame takes me to
the bottom-left, and "move-focus right" from the bottom-left just
takes me right back to the top-right.

I've changed the implementation to use a heuristic based on the length
of the shared edge between two frames rather than on the "distance"
between them, and that seems to have fixed the problem.  I've attached
a patch for user.lisp in case anyone is interested.

Hi James,

Thanks for the patch! I've put it in CVS and added you to the AUTHORS file.

-Shawn