Re: [STUMP] Rotating a monitor

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Rotating a monitor
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:47:19 -0700

On 7/11/07, Rohan Nicholls <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I was on irc for a very short while, and will be again no doubt, but
work has blocked access, lets hear it for the friendly face of ebay.

I was playing around with the monitor and for certain types of hacking
it would be handy to use the screen in the vertical position.

xrandr -o left works fine, but stumpwm seems to still believe that
everything is as it was, so I have windows extending off the screen,
and the height of the windows somewhat shorter than the screen real
estate. I found that the xlib:screen object was contained in the
screen object, but could not figure out how to adjust it, so it new
that things had altered.

Has anyone tackled this yet? If not what would be the best way to get
ahold of the xlib object in order to change it.

I suspect if stumpwm listens for structure-notify events on the
root window then it'll get a configure-notify on the root
window. Just a hunch..

-Shawn