[STUMP] clocc ports problem

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: [STUMP] clocc ports problem
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:26:20 +0200

So, there has been silence after my last mail, been a little busy, and
finally I am trying to get stumpwm up and runninng.
I have sbcl compiled (cvs version) happily, with asdf.  I have been trying to
install clocc port.
The compilation went smoothly.
With some adjustment to clocc.lisp file I have defsystem finding the
different sections under src.
Here is what happens, and following the INSTALL instructions.
CL-USER> (setf *clocc-root* "path/to/clocc/root")
... bunch of style warnings about using setf with undefined variables
  but it sets the variable ...
CL-USER> (load (concatenate 'string *clocc-root* "clocc"))
CL-USER> (load (translate-logical-pathname "clocc:src;defsystem;defsystem"))
CL-USER> (mk:load-system 'port)
PORT/ALL (7 files) totals 84, 358 bytes (82 kB)
PORT/NEW-SOURCE-AND-DEPENDENTS (0 files) totals 0 bytes (0 kB)
(#<FILE: shell> #<FILE: proc> #<FILE: net> #<FILE: sys> #<FILE: path>
#<FILE: gray> #<FILE: ext>)
CL-USER>
-- at this point I thought I should check if there is a port package
defined.
doing the ,change-package <tab> I got a long list:
ASDF   ASDF3901   ASDF3902   ASDF4104   CL   CL-USER    COMMON-LISP
COMMON-LISP-USER KEYWORD KEYWORD
MAKE   MK   ORG.CONS.CLOCC/SDS/PORT   PORT
SB-<MANY PACKAGES>
<SLIME AND SWANK PACKAGES>

I seem to have the ORG.CONS.CLOCC/SDS/PORT   PORT packages in place.
Then from the stump-wm INSTALL instructions I do this
CL-USER> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'stumpwm)

And I am thrown into the debugger with this error:
component :PORT not found, required by #<SYSTEM "stumpwm" {9FDD211}
  [Condition of type ASDF:MISSING-DEPENDENCY]

I don't know if this is relevant, but I am using the cvs version of stump-wm.

I am quite new to using common lisp, and common lisp systems with any
consistency, so please bear with me if I have made an obvious gaf.  I
am sure I am missing something, and the package system is still quite
foreign at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help, and as I have been enjoying ratpoison,
it will be nice to work with a live hackable system (like I had with
sawfish).

As an aside, ratpoison has rpws, which creates workspaces, is this
implemented in stump-wm.

And last question for Shawn, why are you using ratpoison over stump-wm.  It
seemed from reading the ratpoison docs that you turned to stump-wm because you
were busy following greenspun's tenth rule.  Has that changed?

That's all folks, hoping someone can clear this up for me.

Rohan