straw-devel

[Straw-devel] 0.24 blockers

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] 0.24 blockers
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:06:09 +0300

I'd like to release 0.24 ASAP.

What are the things blocking it? Only the unfinished stuff, nothing new
is going in anymore. I'll list the things I know below. First the
regressions and acute problems, then the slightly lower priority stuff.

- The error messages for feed polling failures aren't displayed anywhere
any more. I'm not quite decided if I should resurrect the old error
display (I really did quite like it) or fix the display of the error
messages in the message area.
- Message spew on the console.
- Subscribe dialog should be all in one window, as discussed on IRC
- When Straw is started, the focus is on the category selector. This
interacts badly with the notification area thingy.
- Add a new category, make it subscribed to an OPML file, poll: it adds
the feeds, and polls them, but only the feeds that we weren't subscribed
to before. It should also poll the ones we were subscribed to before.

- Anything else?

Less important:

- [ ] Feed information: it should be sensitive always, I think, even if
a feed wasn't selected. Or not?

- Anything else?

What's the status on the encoding things, like the one Ross posted? I
really should test these myself. However, it might be a few days till I
can do this.

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]