straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] straw hostname lookup failures

From: Jeremy Jongsma
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] straw hostname lookup failures
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:00:24 -0500

I had that too... turns out the problem was in the tmdns package that was included in my Mandrake 9.2 installation. Since I removed tmdns it works fine.

The problem was that ADNS didn't try the next DNS server in resolv.conf if the first one failed, and tmdns had added a bogus entry (127.0.0.1) as the first line in my resolv.conf.

-j

Stephen Lau wrote:
Hi,
        When I start straw and subscribe to a new feed - it picks up
the new articles fine.  but everytime after that it fails and says
"Error while processing feed: Host name lookup failed", so it is never
able to refresh a feed.
        I'm behind a proxy, but I have the GNOME Network Proxy set
correctly (I'm using GNOME 2.6 on Solaris 10), and I even set the
$http_proxy env. variable as a backup.  Any ideas?  Are there flags so
I can enable some sort of debug/verbose/logging so I can see some more
details on what exactly is failing?

cheers,
steve

--