straw-devel

[Straw-devel] A UI few suggestions

From: Steven Garrity
Subject: [Straw-devel] A UI few suggestions
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:46:40 -0300

Hi all,
I'm not much when it comes to python, but I do have a few UI suggestions. Forgive my asking without contributing - hopefully my suggestions will be considered a "contribution" :-)

Can we use a real GtkStatusbar?
It would ad a window resize grip to the bottom right of the primary window, which looks great, at is useful in that it adds a larger clickable area for window resizing.

In the Straw Preferences and Feed Properties, can we add a units label to the Polling time input boxes. Right now, it's not clear if the times are minutes or seconds. I assume it's in minutes, but it can't hurt to be explicit about it.

In the Straw Preferences, there's room to the right of the input boxes to put the word "minutes". I've mocked this up in Glade: http://actsofvolition.com/images/screenshots/straw_prefs.png

However, the "Use Default" checkbox takes up this space in the Feed Properties, so that might require a little reworking.

I'd also like to see Next Unread and maybe some of the other navigational items from the Go menu as a buttons on the toolbar.

I understand some CSS is going to be used to layout the feed contents. I have quite a bit of experience with CSS, so let me know if I can be of help there.

Thanks for all the great work,
Steven Garrity