stratagus-devel

Re: [Stratagus-devel] [bug #5602] Replay's use incorrect player (whenpla

From: Jacob Anawalt
Subject: Re: [Stratagus-devel] [bug #5602] Replay's use incorrect player (whenplaying single player from Multiplayer menu)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:38:29 -0600

I have looked at this bug a little bit the past couple of days and have a couple of observations I could use some input on.

First of all, I notice that the log doesn't save the player position. When I create a network game my player is stuck in slot zero with no option to choose a different position. I don't know how it looks when joining a game, but the code to save the log has no provision for writing Player.Player, otherwise even if the bug of starting as the wrong player is fixed for the person who hosted the game, other players with thier own logs would not have the right slot selected for their replays. I think this should be added. Any comments?

Second, the bug happens replaying the network game because when playing the Aleona ambush as single player you start as the alliance in the top left. I believe this is slot zero. When I play the same game but 'create' a network game, it puts me in as the mythical group in the top right (I haven't checked the slot#). When you load the replay, it is like starting a single player game and you are loaded up as the alliance in the top left.

Its been a busy week so I haven't gone into the file I/O to see all the settings that are gettings set as the log is loaded. I've just glanced at it and looked at player.h and commands.c.

--
Jacob