bugreports for speechd-0.7.1

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: bugreports for speechd-0.7.1
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:25:30 +0200

hi,
Well I tried to install the release 0.7.1 on my netbook and found
several bugs which prevent using that version.
My config changes are:
inet_socket, libao, disabled festival (coredump) when loading it,
Autospawn disable in system mode.
My problems:
1. speechd fails to start in system mode (I get a core dump).
I know you don't recomment it but it shouldn't crash when trying it!

2. speechd can't find it's own configurationfolder  (I get another coredump).
It works starting speechd as user when giving the configuration folder
eg:
speech-dispatcher -C ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf
3. Due to 2 autospawn fails as well
with a coredump followed by the message:
Failed to connect to Speech Dispatcher:
Error: Can't connect to 127.0.0.1 on port 6560 using inet sockets:
Connection re
fused. Autospawn: Autospawn failed. Speech Dispatcher refused to start
with erro
r code, stating this as a reason:

I used following options to build it:

./configure --prefix=/usr \
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share \
--sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib --with-alsa \
--with-espeak  --without-nas
BR.
Halim