Speechd-el not reading buffer insertions

From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana
Subject: Speechd-el not reading buffer insertions
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:22:12 -0300

As a follow up to my problem below, speechd-el behaves normally in the
shell activated by m-x shell. Until now, the problem occurs only in both
ERC and RCIRC applications, where it doesn't read incoming messages
automatically.

I checked the speechd-speak-buffer-insertions variable and it's really
set to t.

Thanks,
Cleverson