mbrola voices path?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: mbrola voices path?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:12:26 +0200

On 14.9.2010 10:24, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> I've realized that speech dispatcher looks for mbrola voices in
> /usr/share/mbrola/$VOICE/$VOICE, while my mbrola-* packages are putting
> them in /usr/share/mbrola/voices/$VOICE. Which way do you think we
> should fix the path?  I'd like to be settled quite soon to upload fixed
> packages to Debian.

Hello Samuel,

thanks for noticing this, you are correct!

Based on your earlier report of this issue, I've included
instructions to patch the espek-mbrola-generic module
voice path in README.packagers file.

I think basically it depends on each distribution. Some
installation procedures put mbrola voices in $VOICE so that
the voice binary is together with documentation and other files.
The path provided in the original .tar.gz is not incorrect.

So I think this must be fixed by patching the original
source in distribution packages.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke