crashes in ibmtts

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: crashes in ibmtts
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 04:43:06 +0200

Hi,
there are many strings which are crashing ibmtts in german language as
well.
Unfortunately the synth seems not maintained any more.
This was one of the reasons why I don't use it any more.
Better use espeak or other synths.
I use espeak and mbrola on my machine which are _more_ stable than
ibmtts.

Back to topic:
I am not sure that it is the right way to fix these string errors in
speech-dispatcher because they are synth specific and there are a lot of
examples of bad  strings there.
BR.
halim

--