Speechd-el error on arch-Linux: "Driver name not given"

From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana
Subject: Speechd-el error on arch-Linux: "Driver name not given"
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:49:57 -0300

Dear,

I'd like to run Speechd-el 2.4 with Emacs 23.2 and Speech-dispatcher 0.7
on Arch-Linux.

Since I haven't found any package named eieio in any Arch repositories,
that's required by Speechd-el, I installed Cedet, since eieio is a cedet
component, but I'm not sure whether it actually came together.

Whenever I run m-x speechd-speak inside emacs, I receive the error
"driver name not given". Looking at the debug information provided by
emacs, it appears to be an eieio problem, something to do with a missing
eieio object that deals with speech.

Can someone tell me where to find it, in case it's an eieio component
actually?

Thanks,
Cleverson