communication tools

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: communication tools
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 07:32:38 +0200

    WH> Hi all,
    >> >     >>
    >> too. > >> It was developed for another project and has be
    >> accessible for > >> blind. For us will be very welcome if the
    >> people will use it and > >> help us with its improvement.

    >> do not know our system and the exact motivation, > so please
    >> check it before. The main reason is that our system is embedded >
    >> in to web page and the users do not need another applications.
    >> Sure that > exist many similar application but the question is
    >> why. Yes sometime can > be duplicate work but sometime can have
    >> good reasons. We have our > application developed already and we
    >> will offer to another for a using. > What the people will use is
    >> of course their decision.
    >>
    >> you realize its rather hard to do that when the only
    >> documentation seems to be a git log right? which basically tells
    >> me its a web app that uses flash, so I'm even more enthused that
    >> this is a good thing. Really, flash is just terrible, and putting
    >> it in a web browser doesn't mean its not an app it just means
    >> that it lives in the web browser.

    WH> While I do not agree with the sarcasm in this post, I do have
    WH> something to say about flash. From my own experiences, it is
    WH> evil. I have never encountered a web site that uses flash that
    WH> is fully accessible.

I believe but our it is. It use Java script interface for flash
elements, so the user know nothing about flash except one situation
which is flash security policy and it is the initial question about
using microphone and camera for this site. If you allow it then it works
for next time without question.

    WH> Also, it is not supported on some platforms which are becoming
    WH> popular lately because of their built-in accessibility,
    WH> specifically, the iPhone, iPad and latest iPod touch. However,
    WH> these platforms do support html 5. I'm not familiar with html 5,
    WH> but I believe it can do what flash does.
I believe that HTML5 can bring independence of flash but we will wait
little bit because it is still draft.

Have a nice day

--
Jan Buchal