Speechd Generic Module Defunct

From: trev . saunders
Subject: Speechd Generic Module Defunct
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:08:24 -0400

Hi,

WHile I don't have any great ideas the first thing I'd ask is what happens when
you try to play something with aplay / paplay /play  without speech-dispatcher?
 I ask because all the genreic module does is run a command piping the output
of the synth as wav to the audio payer.  Second I'd try running espeak and
having it pipe the sound to apayer.  I'm thinking that there may be a general
sound problem with you vm.

HTH
Trev