Festival equivalent package using python

From: Jonathan Duddington
Subject: Festival equivalent package using python
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:55:01 +0000 (GMT)

On 27 Dec, goldgod a <agoldgod at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to develop the "tamil" text to speech.

I have recently added a Tamil language voice ("ta") to the development
version of the eSpeak synthesizer.  This is available at:
http://espeak.sf.net/test/latest.html

It accepts Tamil characters as UTF-8 character encoding.

Currently, this is only a very basic initial draft.  It will need more
work.  I don't even know whether it's intelligible yet.

If you have any comments, corrections or suggestions for the new eSpeak
Tamil voice, then that will be useful.  I don't speak or understand any
Tamil, so I can only make improvements when I receive feedback from
native speakers.