Speechd-up is tripping while reading whole screens

From: Hermann
Subject: Speechd-up is tripping while reading whole screens
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:45:04 +0100

Hi,
I observed a strange phenomenon while reading longer documents by either
performing the "read whole screen" or the "read to bottom" function.
The speech is not fluency, e. g. it omits some words or sillables and
ignores punctuation; that means it ignores the structure of the
sentences.
This happens especially in w3m when reading webpages. When I scroll the
text with the arrow keys, everything is read correctly.
It happens seldom in other apps, such as links, links2 or lynx.
I prefer such browsers that allow to scroll the site with the arrow
keys. This is the case in w3m and links2. So why not use links2 instead
of w3m? Because my system (GRML) uses unicode, which links2 cannot
handle, for reasons I don't know.
But besides all that, the question is what's the matter with
speechd-up? Does anyone know this phenomenon and can give me some hints?
I use speechd-up 0.4.1.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)