SD doesn't spell capital letters

From: Hermann
Subject: SD doesn't spell capital letters
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:07:31 +0100

Hi,
in order to fix that problem, where German umlauts are not pronounced in
speechd-up 0.3-1, I installed speechd-up 0.4-1.
I could solve the problem, however, since this SD doesn't announce
capital letters anymore. Speechd-up rises the voice in the older
version, in the latest it does not. So this has to be solved by SD,
where you can use the parameter "spell" in speechd.conf.
Unfortunately this semes not to work fo German. A capital letter should
be announced with the word "gro?". I guess this might be more a lack of
Espeak.
Using the parameter "icon" works, but is a bit disturbing in the long
run.
Any ideas what I can do?
Hermann

--