Output module switching problem with Orca

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Output module switching problem with Orca
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:19:31 +0200

Halim Sahin wrote:
> I am a bit confused why you can't set the real synthesis like with
> spd-say -o xyz?
> The priority of this language stuff should be overwritten in the orca
> backend or not?

Yes, I believe it should, but it will have to be handled specially,
since the default behavior of Speech Dispatcher is to respect
DefaultLanguageModule.

It doesn't work like with spd-say, because Orca first sets the module
and then the language (according to the currently selected voice).  And
this also changes the output module if there is the
DefaultLanguageModule option for that language.  I believe this is
correct from the Speech Dispatcher's point of view, since this is how
the option is defined, but it doesn't make sense in the way how Orca
works, so we will have to find some solution for that.

> Sorry for the trouble I made!!!

No worries, your feedback is welcome!

Best regards, Tomas.