spamass-milt-list

What fixed it for me, Was Re: Connection timed out

From: pmain
Subject: What fixed it for me, Was Re: Connection timed out
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:49:10 -0500

My setup is a little different from yours,
RedHat 7.3 system with sendmail built from redhat
8.0 source rpm. Still it is close as i recall.
 1. I also had same problems with spamass as you. Even
setup a shell scrip to restart the milter if less than
three milters were running. On a 5000 mail/day server
this script restarted the milter about 2-3 times per
day.
 2. IPV6 support. NOT enabling IPV6 support when
building the sendmail package fixed my problem. I still
run the milter monitoring script and have yet to see
it restart a milter. Currently have 7 servers/clients
out there running this setup. Busiest server is about
10,000 mails per day
 3. Some day i may want to check if the linux kernel
makes a difference. I do run a custom compiled kernel
on all servers and IPV6 support was not selected. Still
my redhat 7.3 derived systems and sendmail without IPV6
support with spamass-milter is very stable for me.
-Patrick Main-