social-discuss

[Social-discuss] How do valid reshares and favorites look alike?

From: Michael Vogel
Subject: [Social-discuss] How do valid reshares and favorites look alike?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 22:04:39 +0100

Hi!

Currently I'm trying to implement reshares and favorites from Friendica
to GNU Social. I did some reverse engineering to find out the structure.
Then I tried to create something that looks similar. See the two files
that I attached.

I distributed these notes to other servers - but only some of them
accepted them.

One server with 1.2.0-beta4 hadn't accepted the second try - but the
first one. Another server with the same version had accepted both posts
- while a statusnet server with 1.1.1-release hadn't accepted any of the
reshares - and several other servers doesn't seem to be happy with the
reshares as well (while they accept my regular messages)

Same happens with my favorite messages. Some servers accept them - some
others don't (but not all the time).

Do I send some bad data? Which fields are really necessary, which ones
are optional, which ones mustn't be transmitted?

Michael