Re: [Social-discuss] Languages -- let's make a web application

From: Adrian Thurston
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Languages -- let's make a web application
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:38:56 -0400

My opinion here is that something as fundamental as what GNU social aims to be should no limit itself to particular languages/environments based on what the cheap hosting providers are willing to host.

I don't expect the average internet user to go out and get a virtual private server, however. What I envision are GNU social service providers popping up in the same way that free email providers do.

Jason Self wrote:
Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote ..