sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Withdrawal of Service - keys.flanga.io

From: Moritz Wirth
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Withdrawal of Service - keys.flanga.io
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 00:50:31 +0100

I asked to be allowed to share some more details, however the request
was to remove/prevent indexing of 2 keys stored on our keyservers -
including copies of ID's to verify the request as required by the
european data protection law. Since it is not possible to prevent the
indexing of data, I think the only possible way to handle this request
is to shut them down. I don't see a reason to fight this - it is the
right of someone to get his/her data removed so we are required to do
this regardless of how crappy that law might be. If someone decides to
ignore it, it's up on them.

Am 16.11.18 um 00:31 schrieb Mike:

> Fabian, im sure you can tell that nothings going to change :(
>
> But maybe these shutdowns in protest will provoke change, before its too late?
>
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 23:23:43 +0000
> "Fabian A. Santiago" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Wow! I’d love to see that as well.
>>
>> I just saw Kristian’s post with his email exchange. It’s a shame the
>> situation is going down like this. I do hope a proper solution can be found
>> so I and hopefully others can return to contributing to the network, should
>> the mode of operation dictate and stay this way.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fabian S.

>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Georg Faerber <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Would it be possible to share this request, omitting sensitive details?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Georg