sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] setting up hockeypuck keyserver

From: Fabian A. Santiago
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] setting up hockeypuck keyserver
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 10:32:21 -0400

On 2018-09-06 07:56 AM, Andrew Gallagher wrote:

I for one would be most interested if you could collate your experiences
into a howto... :-)

i will gladly write something up about my experience once i'm sure
it's up and running properly.

looking into my recon logs on both ends (hockeypuck and my prior sks
server), i question some of what i see.

in sks recon.log i see sks requesting missing keys from h..puck and
getting them. but i also see sks reporting "recon attempt FROM h..puck
while gossip disabled. ignoring." so i'm not sure but it seems
something is still off with recon.

on the h..puck side i see in its log that SOME connections from sks
have been reset by peer. so these i'm assuming are the recon ignores
reported by sks.

when i look at both the sks pool status pages on the web and my own
h..puck's status page, the h..puck server's version number is listed
as 2.0~rc2~..., even though in my config file i have set the
'version="1.1.6"' parameter. so i also don't know why it's
misreporting its version, apparently.  any thoughts? or have i
misunderstood what the field should say? i also have in my h..puck
config two filters, yminsky.dedup & yminsky.merge. i did notice on my
h..puck stats page, under settings, my http is reported as
127.0.0.1:11371 (I'm reverse proxied behind nginx) and recon as simply
:11370. does this seem correct? you can see it for yourself at:

http://keys2.fspproductions.biz/pks/lookup?op=stats

does anyone have a working hockeypuck server they care to peer with my
own? My key count sits at 5312283. My peer line for hockeypuck is:

[hockeypuck.conflux.recon.partner.peerX]
httpAddr="keys2.fspproductions.biz:11371"
reconAddr="keys2.fspproductions.biz:11370"

and my contact remains

Fabian A. Santiago <address@hidden>
0x643082042dc83e6d94b86c405e3daa18a1c22d8f

The server should be reachable via both IPv4 & 6 but currently does
not offer ssl (hkps). It will eventually once I'm done setting it up
but NOT thru an official pool trusted cert.

Thanks.

i can also add that my key count is steadily rising. i'm now at 5312329, so it appears as though it may be working even though i don't fully understand why or what i'm seeing in the logs.

--
Fabian S.