sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] PTree may be corrupted kills recon service

From: John Zaitseff
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] PTree may be corrupted kills recon service
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 04:40:30 +1000

Hi,

> for a few days I have an issue with the recon process on
> keys.communityrack.org:
>
> 2018-07-02 15:17:53 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
> Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element
> from prefix tree")
> 2018-07-02 15:17:53 DB closed

I saw the same thing happen.  I stopped SKS, dumped my existing keys
to the dump directory ("/usr/sbin/sks dump 32768 /var/lib/sks/dump"),
tweaked the /etc/sks/sksconf file to include "pagesize: 32" and
"ptree_pagesize: 16", removed the DB and PTree directories, then
rebuilt both:

  /usr/sbin/sks build /var/lib/sks/dump/*.pgp -n 1 -cache 100
  /usr/sbin/sks cleandb
  /usr/sbin/sks pbuild -cache 50 -ptree_cache 100

SKS restarted fine; so far so good!  I'll be keeping an eye on it
over the next few days, so I'll report back as needed.

I'm just wondering whether someone has found yet another way to take
down SKS servers worldwide.  It's a bit disappointing that the SKS
keyserver source code available on bitbucket.org has not been
touched in over a year... is anyone actually working on it?

Yours truly,

John Zaitseff

--
John Zaitseff                    ,--_|\    The ZAP Group
Phone:  +61 2 9643 7737         /      \   Sydney, Australia