sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Inconsistency on vindex page with machine-readable flag

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Inconsistency on vindex page with machine-readable flag set or unset?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 15:15:06 -0400

On 2018-05-09 at 19:11 +0100, Paul M Furley wrote:
> Hi folks, I'd appreciate your input, I'm not sure if this is a bug in
> SKS or a fault in my understanding.

Bug.

> It seems there used to be an expiry (the one referenced above) but the
> most recent selfsig removed the expiry date.

> So what am I missing? Why is the machine-readable page giving that
> 2018-05-09 expiry timestamp?

>From code inspection: the filter goes over the creation times and uses
the timestamp from the last creation time, but the list it iterates over
is populated from `get_key_exptimes` which ends with:

      in
      match exptime_delta with
        | None -> (None,None)
        | Some _ -> (ctime,exptime_delta)

I suspect that the `None` line there should be yielding (ctime,None)
instead of (None,None); in other words, the four lines above should just
become:

      in
      (ctime,exptime_delta)

The mRindex.ml code is the only place that get_key_exptimes is called,
and looks to handle the Some unpacking safely already, so it should be
safe to change, but I'm not set up to play around with this right now to
confirm and see if there are negative side-effects.

-Phil