sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Underserved areas?

From: Timothy A. Holtzen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Underserved areas?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:28:12 -0600

I certainly wouldn't add to all the regions.  Much of Europe especially
Germany seems to be well served already.  I'd say the broader need is
for a better algorithm/system for determining which systems land in the
various regional pools.  It seems that the NA and OC pools quite often
contain hosts that are in Europe.  This could be because physical
geography and internet routing are two very different things but I think
more likely it is because the system(s) that are being used to measure
server performance are located in Europe and this skews the results.

For HKPS Kristian Fiskerstrand is the one maintaining the CA.  I believe
you can generate a CSR and send it in an encrypted message to him and he
will send you back the signed certificate.

I would definitely say there is more need of HKPS hosts.  I think there
are only 6 and only two of those have IPv6 connectivity.

Timothy A. Holtzen
Campus Network Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Public PGP key CFB4 3AE8 B726 DEBF 00D9  CCFC 426E 76AF DABC B3D7