sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Request: Install an efficient robots.txt file

From: Tobias Frei
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Request: Install an efficient robots.txt file
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:27:09 +0000

Hi robots.txt fan,

I just wondered what happened if I removed robots.txt from my server, to reduce the whole discussion to absurdity. :)

Best regards,
ToBeFree

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017, 13:08 Kristian Fiskerstrand <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06/22/2017 10:40 AM, robots.txt fan wrote:
> Kristian, you have responded to this thread, I believe you manage the first one on the list. Is there a reason why only /status is blocked and not /pks?
>
> https://sks-keyservers.net (blocks /status, but not /pks)

The real reason is that /pks didn't exist when the robots.txt file was
created, so I've [added it now], granted more for site resource
management reasons than privacy reasons.

>From a privacy perspective robots.txt doesn't make sense, the data is
already public, bad actors ignore robots.txt and crawl the site just the
same; and the full data set is available and part of regular workflow
for bootstrapping own servers.