sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Error with sks-recon.service

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Error with sks-recon.service
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:49:46 -0400

On 2017-06-20 at 15:13 -0400, Lully Troconis wrote:
> I started a new SKS keyserver on agora.cenditel.gob.ve:11371 and add 4
> servers for peers, but the recon process don't start

> sks[972]: Fatal error: exception Bdb.DBError("BDB1546 unable to join the
> environment")

Did you do some DB maintenance work (eg, `db_recover`) as root instead
of as the SKS user?  Leaving DB files owned by root, instead of the SKS
user?  Or even the directories themselves?

I suspect that you need to stop all SKS processes, do a full `chown -R`
on the KDB and PTree directories, do a db_recover as the SKS user, use
`ls -l` to make sure all is happy, then try starting service back up
again.