sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Long-form keyids and ocaml 4.02.3

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: [Sks-devel] Long-form keyids and ocaml 4.02.3
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 21:26:57 -0400

On 2017-01-16 at 18:36 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2017-01-16 at 16:56 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > sks-peer.spodhuis.org (serving clients as sks.spodhuis.org) is currently
> > reporting version 1.1.6+; if it stops reporting "+" then I discovered
> > something broke and reverted.
> >
> > The code is the build-cleaner branch in my bitbucket clone:
> >
> >   https://bitbucket.org/philpennock/sks-keyserver-philp/branch/build-cleaner
> >
> > There are two changesets:

> The code running now includes two more changesets, which can be seen at:
>
>   https://bitbucket.org/philpennock/sks-keyserver-philp/branch/opt-long-keyids
>
> On the SKS keyserver, including the `longkeyid` bool flag in the query
> string will result in the visible display including the 16-character
> format keyid.
>

> https://sks.spodhuis.org/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x4D1E900E14C1CC04&longkeyid=on
>
> Use https://sks.spodhuis.org/ to see this in action: it's in the form as
> an option.

This has been stable for the past five months; one initial instance of
corruption appears to have been a coincidence around DB startup and
probably my messing up something with the snapshots.  Everything has
been stable and reliable.

I just pushed one more commit on the branch, so that the long-form keyid
will also appear in non-verbose indices.  Before, it was in verbose
indices and would propagate through as a URL parameter, but didn't
actually affect the visible rendering in non-verbose (op=index rather
than op=vindex).

https://sks.spodhuis.org/pks/lookup?op=index&longkeyid=on&search=0x4D1E900E14C1CC04

So we have newer-OCaml cleanup in the first branch "build-cleaner" and
then some desirable feature changes in a subordinate branch
"opt-long-keyids".

Anyone with commit on the main repo want to consider merging these?

-Phil