sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Long keyids (64-bit) instead of short (32-bit)?

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Long keyids (64-bit) instead of short (32-bit)?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:50:28 -0500

On 2017-01-25 at 13:04 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Anyway — I was looking for a way to make SKS present 64-bit long
> keyids (say, 673A03E4C1DB921F) instead of only 32-bit ones — Not only

https://bitbucket.org/philpennock/sks-keyserver-philp/branch/opt-long-keyids

See my recent post to the list, subject-line mentioning ocaml.

I've been running with these changes and they seem stable.  I had one
bout of BDB corruption but (1) db_recover fixed it and (2) it hasn't
reoccurred so I'm starting to think that it's just coincidental timing.

If you're not building with the 4.02.whatever ocaml then read the
messages in the thread, see the other branch which had those changes and
generate a patch from the commits only in the opt-long-keyids branch.

> Any ideas on how to do this? Is it a configurable option even (or
> should we expect this change only for a new release)?

It would have to be a new release.  Someone actually experienced with
ocaml needs to look at my changes and decide which are safe to pull in.

-Phil